11/07/2012

Bend Over Shirley





I found the exhibition Bend over Shirley to be a great success. Everyone has worked very hard to curate not only their own work for the show but also their classmates which has been good experience for us all. I also felt that my artwork They do things differently there was really well suited to the upstairs gallery space. The dark wooden flooring complimented the colours of the projection & material. Another plus point was that the lightness of the room didn't seem to affect the visibility of this piece, as usually projections require a darkened room. However, I wasn't quite so keen on the second piece of work i had exhibited Dog tile (Froe). Although it's structural qualities appeared to fit in well in the underground gallery space, I wasn't happy with the imagery. Predominantly floral covered, I had intended the work to be more focused on the section of the dog tile (as stated in the title), as this is what I had initially been intrigued by. I wanted the styrofoam structure to almost echo this and attempt to resemble an oversized tile which was ripped and falling apart demonstrated by the tearing away of the aluminium foil. Unfortunately, I didn't quite plan it out accurately enough hence the dominance of the flowers in the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment