23/02/2012

Mid Point Review


‘Sky series (Froe)’ 2012. Mixed media on foam, acrylic on wood
 This specific piece is part of a series of experimental set ups I am constructing in an attempt to investigate my curiosity of the interplay between image, material and object.
 I have deliberately selected an image which is not figurative, unlike the majority of my previous works. I wanted to see how choosing a conventionally generic image could still present us with this notion of event and place. Emptying out the nostalgia and drawing upon the act of displacement.
 Using the combination of the photographic imagery on the foam with the pieces of painted wood imposes an allowance for dialogue. I am looking at how these objects inform the visual and our perception of the image. Exploring this idea of the interference of image making which consequently affects the photographic truth of the imagery.
 I have integrated objects which may seem quite random in order to question the distinction between what is real and what is not? What changes it from the familiar to the real? Fictionalising the image as a ‘reconstructed reality’.

1 comment: