14/06/2012

Slade MA/MFA Fine Art Degree show

Entering the doors to the start of endless creativity, I was so over whelmed by the sheer size of Slade, it took me over two hours to look round the whole exhibition. There was a very diverse range of work however I did notice many of the students had chosen to use video for their final pieces. Whether they were executed via projection screens or televisions; this was a predominant choice of media for the show. I also felt that overall, the students paid a lot of detail to the presentation of their work. There was a variety of pieces displayed in very unconventional ways, escaping the conventional white plynth and substituting this for additional materials which made me question the work further.

A very ambitious but successful show. I highly recommend this exhibition to all and also now feel very inspired and full of ideas for my own degree show in September. 

No comments:

Post a Comment