02/12/2011

Jessica Voorsanger Tutorial

During my one on one with Jessica we discussed the installational piece which I’m currently putting together/experimenting with. I told Jessica about my plans to incorporate a single slide projection; the image itself being the same as the one I have already printed onto the foam structure. Then referencing the ‘breakfast scene’ quite literally by sitting the foam piece onto a table, set up with objects/props such as cups, cutlery etc – allowing the projected image to overlap onto both foam and table – could be an interesting set up? However talking about the work made me question whether this use of mixed media is necessary for what I am trying to convey within the work, does it need to either be stripped down slightly and just focused on the visual or the medium itself? Or could it be taken further and the theatrical aspect pushed?
Jessica pointed out that this installation could almost resemble a 3 dimensional storyboard. Exploring the physical space.We also discussed the content of the imagery – looking further into this idea of the functional/dysfunctional family. Questioning why it is I am wanting to show images of my family in particular.
Further to this tutorial, I now intend to:
  • Explore film further, as the cinematic quality of imagery quite obviously references this.
  • Perhaps experiment with moving stills to create more of a narrative? Evoking a sense of nostalgia.
  • Looking at ways of converting a physical space into more of a personal space which people can then interact with physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment